Saturday, December 8, 2012

Reflection on Class 414

       Walking into the class room on the first day, I had no idea what a Zine was. Now I have produced many of my own and have learned to love the process. Everyone in the class has different strengths, and all of us love seeing those played out. And we all have our weaknesses, with which the others all help to iron out and make smooth.
        I was hesitant at first, I had no idea what a Zine was, what Zine culture was or even how to set up and run this blog. But I took a deep breath, and tried anyways. Because that is what this culture and class is all about-trying out new ideas and working on your own craft mostly independently but also in conjunction with others. I feel that this class, English 414 best exemplifies the Zine culture. No two of us are alike, and yet we all support one another in our work. I feel that our class has provided me with the authentic Zine experience even better than Zinefest did.
        I have really enjoyed learning about self publishing, and loved seeing my work put into book form. This experience has made me realize that I really want be a published author and to have my work put out into the world for people to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment