Saturday, March 29, 2014

Preparation

It is March 29th and I am sitting in a very crowded Starbucks.
What, might you ask, am I doing here? Especially since I do not like crowds...or coffee for that matter.

It is two days before the spring session of Camp NaNoWriMo begins and I am ironing out some of the details of my plot cards and adding to my character list. I have been sorted into my cabin, and I have to say that I am excited to have been sorted with my fellow cabin mates! Everyone is writing some kind of fantasy novel (it seems) and there are a few people included that sound like they are just as excited as I am to start this crazy journey again.

I have fully planned out the third installment of my fantasy series, and am starting to get excited at seeing all of my characters again. It has been very difficult to wait to write this next book until April 1st. I was so excited for this coming month that I even took off of work on Tuesday, April 1st!
My plan is to get up at the normal time for work and write for a solid 3/4 hours and then treat myself to breakfast at a place I love but haven't been to for a while.

Once again my goal for the month will be high. My goal according to the webpage is 60 K in the 31 days. But my real goal is to write 2,500 words each day, hopefully almost 5K on the days when I am off. I really want to finish this story in the 31 days, and I know that it will be between 75-80K.

I cannot accurately describe the joy that this will bring me. Even if no one ever reads my stories, I love writing. I love creating characters and then letting them take me on an adventure.

Though I do hope someday, people will love the characters as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! You are far more motivated than I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will miss you and Margaret, hopefully you both will do either the July Camp or NaNo in November :)

      Delete