Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Lakefly Writers Conference 2018 Pt 2

Welcome to part two of my Lakefly Writers Series!
Last blog I covered day one of the conference, this post is going to be all about day two, Saturday.


The day started out a little strange, and not as planned. But thankfully because I am a person that likes to be prepared, it was easily overcome. Once again I arrived early, which allowed me to have almost the pick of the tables! There were a few other writers there to set up at the same time, but I was able to select a prime spot to set up. Right by the doors, with a clear view of the stage across the room,


I realized that after I publish a few more books I'll need a better rack for displaying them! It was an amazing feeling to see all seven of my book babies sitting out on the table. Instead of having one or two novels on the table, it was full! I felt like amidst the other authors I actually belonged. Imposter syndrome is real, and sometimes we just need an outside trigger to make us realize we are, in fact, "real" authors.



My best writing friend,  Rebekah Bryan, and I ended up sharing a table. Like we pretty much always have, it just seems easier to get through events with a buddy. And look! We even had time to sneak in some writing sessions. Good little worker bees typing away on our keyboards.



Though, let me tell you, it was highly motivating to be selling and talking about Wolf's Blood while working on Wolf's Bite! There was something urgent about realizing my readers were right in front of me that made it easier to clack away at the keys.

I'm not sure if it was the environment, people, or the fact that this is my third year self publishing, but it was so much easier to talk about my books and "sell" them. It was *gasp* fun! This was a first for me, and made me want to do events more often as I had my best sales ever. I am looking forward to connecting with these new readers and writers. 

In fact the entire weekend was inspiring and motivating. My husband and I are already planning on logistics for next year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment