Friday, May 15, 2015

Long Time Coming...

Clearly I have a problem with consistency in my blogs, but last month was Camp NaNo...so I was a bit preoccupied with doing a round of edits on Through the Mountains.
 And then my brother and sister in law had their baby! She came about 2 weeks early in the wee hours of April 26, 2015. Just a mere hour away from sharing a birthday with me! She is so adorable, and one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. Her name is Ava, and I have never seen a baby at under a month old try to hold her head up, push herself up on her arms and knees, or really trying to focus her eyes already. Ava is one determined little girl!

Another reason I have not been posting, and meaning to post this topic for a few weeks, is that on April 28th the company that I worked for had to downsize, and my position was dissolved.
One of my very worst fears came true, and I am currently unemployed. Since then I have had a phone and in person interview with 2 different companies, so there are prospects.
But for some reason I'm not panicking. In fact, I've almost felt at peace with the situation.

In the mean time, I have spent my time working on my own writing, as well editing a writing partner's book. I've also read like 8 books since April 28th, but who's counting? At least I think now I'm under 30 books on my TBR shelves....nope just counted, we are definitely still above 30. #bookwormproblems :)

Honestly with this time I've had on my hands I've set dates for the next two books in my first trilogy to be released, as well as getting more writing and reading work done than I've had time for in the past few months! Yes I want to find a full time job, and if I have to I will go back to working retail. But I have come to enjoy having weekends, and holidays off, especially with my growing family. I can't wait to watch Ava grow up, and hopefully she'll have an interest in books. An aunt can only try! ;)

Until next time, keep writing my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment