Saturday, September 19, 2015

Really....Life will return to "normal"

Okay...clearly I have let life get in the way of blogging...well any writing really lately, which is not the norm. And I'm ready for that norm to return...any day now.
For the past few weeks life has been hectic, between finding my wedding dress, working out wedding details, hair and makeup ideas, getting the guys all set with tuxes, unpacking so I'm not living out of boxes, and painting an empty apartment in the building to get money off of rent....the only writing time I've really had has been on my lunch break.
But all that is going to change as NaNo has begun its slow but inevitable march. Yay! My soo-to-be husband has even said that he will "pamper the shit" out of me during that month because he wants to read more books in my series. (Yes that is a direct quote!) He even had me show him how to make tea the way I like it!
Basically I need to get my butt in gear and finish fixing book 4 before plotting out book 5, so I can be ready to hammer it out in November. And on top of that as well as releasing book 2 in February, I want to release a novella with two short stories related to book 1. This week I met with the artist for the cover art, and that seems to be on track for having it ready to go, it's just a matter of me finishing and editing the short stories by then.

In other news today with the release party/signing of my first book! While the turnout in general was a little disappointing, my aunt from out of state made the drive and completely surprised me! I haven't seen her since my college graduation several years ago. I did end up selling five books at the event, and then two more afterwards, so it was a pretty good day.

Now to get to work on writing and planning in preparation for NaNo.
As always, keep writing my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment