Wednesday, February 10, 2016

First Dance

As some you may know, I got married in January. *Cue Cheering*
You can read about how we met here: http://malindaandrews.blogspot.com/2015/09/story-time-how-god-brought-my-husband.html
Many couples place emphasis, and rightly so, on the song that they first dance to. We were no different. In fact we actually had two songs! We were able to combine them, and I also walked down the aisle to one of them. The two that we picked were: A Thousand Years (the Peter & Evynne Hollens and Lindsey Stirling version),  and Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. Let me explain why, at least to me, these two songs really capture how we met and how we feel about each other. I have added a link to each video under their heading.


Thousand Years.
From the moment we started messaging it was like we had known each other for all of our lives.
That feeling only intensified when we met. Seeing and meeting him for the first time, I felt my soul sigh, and say "there you are, I've been missing you and I didn't even know it". It wasn't that I needed my other half as I was a whole person, it was I had been missing my soul's mate. My soul is at rest when I am with him. And I had found him. We often say that we're looking forward to the next thousand now that we've found the other again.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMgdmrlZHM


Bless the Broken Road
This was a song that I had known about, and liked for quite awhile before meeting Josh. Growing up with parents who were soulmates actually made it more difficult to find someone to share my life with. I didn't just want a companion, or friend, or lover. I wanted the one that matched me. That respected, cared for, loved, and that complemented me. I had dated around, and even thought I had found that person before. But I was so wrong, and am so thankful I did not go through with that wedding and marriage. As the song says, "I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you." I wish that I had found him sooner, but I know that we were meant to meet when we did for a reason. We are not the same people we were before, and now we can grow and live life together.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a47fEuB9vo

1 comment:

  1. I love "Bless the Broken Road." It hits me right in the feels every time.

    ReplyDelete