Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I'm back...sort of...soonish!

So..... *Awkward silence*
.....Pregnancy sucked all of the motivation and energy from me and gave it to the growing human.

Also, caring for said infant once topside is not like strolling through a field of daisies.
UNLESS that field is on fire, and your body feels like it's on fire, and the baby is babbling and cooing at 2 am for the sixth night in a row and you've slept a total of 12 hours in three days...

Just kidding.

But really.

Literally all of my creative energy came to a screeching halt within two months of carrying my son. And I am just now, at 7 months postpartum, getting back into the groove of writing almost everyday and staying on top of the house stuff and the care that goes into keeping a tiny human happy and healthy.

*cue cheers*
But I'm getting back on that horse! I've had the itch to blog again, now it will just be the task of finding the time and motivation to do so during my busy days.
My optimistic goals for this blog include:

Blog posts about writing, self publishing, and all things bookish on "Writerly Wednesdays".
A monthly review of a small press/self published book.
Possible guest posts, and author interviews.
Giveaways!

So in order to accomplish this I am going to spend the rest of the month of December setting things up, pre-writing and planning blog posts, reaching out to other authors for possible inclusion in the blog and giveaways, and continuing work on my own writing. Oh, and of course, keeping the tiny human alive and well.

Lots coming your way in January, so stay tuned!

PS If any other authors or writers are interested in being interviewed, guest posting, or doing giveaways please let me know! My email, and social media links, are all under the "Contact Tab" at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment