Monday, September 23, 2013

Editing

So today I finished my first pass over my first draft of my novel and have begun the arduous task of making the changes on the computer. At least it is going faster than re-reading and making notes.
One thing that I have learned: editing sucks.
Well the initial pass through and making comments on paper is fine, but going line by line looking from the page to the computer screen is a pain in the neck..literally.
But I am determined to finish the changes tonight.
I also realized that the scene I started writing the other day needs to be at the end of this novel instead of at the beginning of the second novel. So I just have to finish off that and then I am not looking back at my first novel until at least December. Yay!
Next up: completely outlining my second novel in preparation of NaNoWriMo.
So Dad, Mom, it looks like you both have a new novel to read between now and December ;)
(And yes, my parents often read my writing before I give it to anyone else. They actually give me good feedback and honest critiques. They are very supportive, but neither shirk from being brutally truthful in how something sounds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment