Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Well this is ba....Well okay maybe it's not so ba...Nope there's a nother mistake..D*%N$#

Me and editing...here we go.
Apparently somewhere along in my schooling years, I managed to miss some seemingly basic grammar rules. I was first made aware of this in my semester of college by a professor who was rude all the way around. HOW DID I GET TO MY LAST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE AND NOT KNOW THESE THINGS!!!
But she was a two-faced harpy straight out of literary hell...I digress..
So while re-reading my first draft of my first novel I have had a trusty English rule book by my side. It has helped...a lot.
But the one thing I have realized that I hate...Apostrophes and when to use them...there seems to be like 3 or 4 different rules and ways of adding or subtracting them from writing. And everywhere I've read advice it says, "Follow the guidelines for the house that you are publishing under"
Well, I don't have a publishing house to write under yet, so how am I edit satisfactorily?
I think I'm just gonna wing it, and follow my gut...it hasn't led me wrong yet..?

No comments:

Post a Comment