Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Post NaNo..late (Sorry)

Well the pens have stopped scratching furiously, the keyboard fires have been put out and every single one of my friends who participated this year are brain dead, or nearly so.

NaNoWriMo 2013 has officially ended, HUZZAH!

And it doesn't matter if you "won", meaning you hit the 50K mark, or if your count ended somewhere below that. If you attempted the challenge at all then you are a winner in my mind! Just dedicating time out of a busy schedule to attempt to write a novel is an accomplishment in and of itself.

For myself,  NaNoWriMo ended on a high note. My final word count was 80,031 as of midnight on the 30th. As this is my first year I was very excited about this. I don't think I have EVER written that much in such a short amount of time. I was not able to finish the book, as of right now I have 81,908 words, and only 3 or 4 more scenes to write to finish it.

My goal is to finish it before the end of December, which after participating in NaNo should not be too hard, but we'll see. I just tonight got through writing a very emotional scene that had me, the author, wanting to shed some tears. I just hope that whomever reads these works feels the same emotions towards my characters that I do.

Now to finish the book, and enjoy the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment