Friday, October 30, 2015

Author Questions- BONUS POST!!!

When I joined Goodreads, these questions were listed and I thought that it would be a good idea to answer them here. So without further ado...


Where did you get the idea for your most recent book?
The book trilogy I'm working on stemmed from my first trilogy. I didn't realize this world had more to tell until a surprise character in the third told me there was more. It all continued on from there, into the monster project it is now.


How do you get inspired to write?
Mostly I listen to music, and let my mind wander. Or watching a good movie or reading a well done book will also inspire me to work harder on my craft and stories. Going for walks and being outside also are wonderful for inspiration.


What are you currently working on?
Currently I am working on the fifth in my Ryder Chronicles series. And I recently got an idea for a Christian themed middle grade/young adult book that my fiancé and I are planning and will write in the next year or so.


What's your advice for aspiring writers?
Keep writing. (and) Don't stop!
Don't let anyone tell you that your writing isn't worth the time, that you can't achieve your dreams and goals. Do listen to constructive criticism and do find a good editing partner/beta reader or two, their input is invaluable!


What's the best things about being a writer?
Getting lost in your ideas, and the pure joy and natural high that comes from it. There really is nothing quite like it! You can feel all of your synapses firing, trying to come up with the next step in the story, or the perfect characters aspects. It makes it all so awesome.
Even better is when a reader tells you they truly enjoyed your work, and that they want more!


How do you deal with writers block?
*hissss*
The dreaded writers block.
Honestly, I don't really run into writers block that often. When I do it's usually because I was trying to do something in the story that doesn't fit. When you try to write something, and it doesn't fit right, its like pounding your head against a brick wall. I have found that backing away from the project, and either working on something else, or just getting up and doing something unrelated to writing helps immensely. Try to get some perspective and distance from what you're doing. Usually when you go back to the piece, you have fresh eyes and can solve the dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment