Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Bringing it Back

Here's a random thought for you:
If you could bring back a TV show from when you were a kid, what would it be?


There are several answers I could give, but the one that popped out to me immediately was the show Zoids. I have no idea why, but lately I have been wanting to watch this show again. I remember it playing on weeknights after school, and begging my mom to let me finish just one more episode before dinner. (This was pre-dvr'ing capabilities, and we only had one VCR and it was the adult TV that had it) She usually gave in because thankfully this show only ran a half hour at a time.


If you don't remember what Zoids was, I don't blame you. I don't think it was a very popular show. The show centered around these giant robots called - you guessed it!-zoids. The zoids are essentially a large machine robot in the shape of an animal. Most being based on designs of lions, tigers or even dinosaurs.


From what I can remember these robots or Mech were not only used as transportation they were used for battles. Mainly between warring factions. It might be more 90's/00's cartoon/anime crap, but from what I can remember I loved it and would often draw, design, and write stories about my own "zoid". This and a few other series really helped to cultivate my creativity, and sometimes I miss these older shows.


What about you? Was there a TV show that you would bring back if you could?

No comments:

Post a Comment