Wednesday, October 16, 2013

12 NaNoWriMo Questions

So since NaNo officially starts in 15 days, I thought I would answer a few of these questions I found online.
Annnnnd I'm getting really excited for the start...

1.) Are you planning to do NaNoWriMo this year?
                  DUH! :D
2.) How many years previously have you participated in NaNo?
                  None, this will be my first year, though I've known about it for a few years.

3.) New novel or a novel you've already started?
                  The novel I will be writing is the second in a series, I finished the first at the end of September. I plan on participating in camp NaNo in the spring/summer to write the third and fourth books in the series.

4.) Working Title:
                   I can't share that! However, the series will be called the Ryder Chronicles.

5.) Genre:
                  Epic fantasy/Fantasy

6.) Project word count goal:
                  My first novel was about 71,000 words, so the second has to be at least that, or more.

7&8.) Outline? How much have you planned for NaNo so far?
                  I've spent all of October outlining the whole series, well the core 4 books, of events that have to happen for the story. Made lists of names if new characters pop up. Made character sketches for most of my major characters. I've made up what I call "Scene cards" for about half the novel. And worked on the "bad guys" motives and some back story.

9.) Do you expect to be able to achieve your goal?
                 Yes, and if I don't finish the whole novel in November, at least I will have written 50K of it!

10.) Greatest challenge in completing your goal?
                 Myself..? Though my confidence has grown since I have finished one novel.

11.) Any words of advice from past NaNo experiences?
                Since I'm brandy new at this, I will let you know come December!

12.) If you're NOT doing NaNo, any goals for November?
                How could I NOT do NaNo! Crazy peoples... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment