Saturday, March 7, 2015

Whoops..Again...

Well clearly I have an issue with commitment when it comes to this blog thing. Whoops.
But lots have happened in the last few months!
I gave my first book, Through the Mountains, to a friend to be line edited.
I have since received the book back, and made the changes needed.
My writing group and I have all signed up for a writing conference at the end of March.
I have ordered, and received business cards for networking.
And the most exciting...
I have met with the artist who is designing my cover!!
I have set a release date of August first for self publishing!! 

I am so excited! After years of saying that I am writer, going to school for writing, writing 5 novels, I am finally going to be self publishing.
As excited as I am, I am also dealing with more than my share of anxiety about it, and I need to tell myself to calm down more often than I'd like. It really isn't that scary. Plus, isn't the goal to have people I don't know read my writing? But then my subconscious takes off again, reminding me about all of the negative responses it could have.
I think I need to take my anxiety and lock it in the same box my inner editor is locked into during NaNo. To help alleviate those fears, I have found some great support through my writer friends, as well as lovely communities on both Twitter and Instagram.

I would like to sit here and make a commitment to writing on here once a week, but I just don't know if I have that much to say! All I can promise is that I will try to keep the posts on here current with what is happening in my life.

Until then, keep writing my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment