Friday, January 29, 2016

TBR for 2016

In the past I have never, ever set a goal for how many books to read in a year. This is the year I want to change that. I have - literally - almost 50 books that I own that I have not read yet. (Just ask my husband...) So this year, I am going to set a goal.
Since starting up a book review the first Sunday of every month mainly for Self-Publish and Small Press books, I have a goal to read 12 of these types of books. That is one for every month. Thankfully, January's is down. So only 11 more to go! Here are a few of the books I have lined up, in no particular order:
Front Row
Baylyn, Bewitched
Cat, Charmed
Edgelanders
Sorrow's Peak
Shatter; Sins of the Sidh 1
Shine; Sins of the Sidh 2
All of the above can be found in my "to-read" file on Goodreads.


But what about traditionally published books?
Ideally I would decimate my TBR list, but alas, I have a full time job, I blog, I write, I edit, and actually have date nights with my husband, and it's just not realistic.
I think I would be happy with reading 10 traditionally published books this year. So in total my goal is 22 books in a year. Not too bad of a goal. I think it will be attainable, I just have to actually make time to read more. Hopefully I won't have to cheat and go for all thinner books! Some of the other books on my TBR shelf include the following:
The Slow Regard of Silent Things
The Name of the Wind
Guardians of the West (The Malloreaon #1)
Cinder
Beyond the Pale
Again, all of these can be found on my "to-read" shelf on Goodreads. (The link is at the top in the Social Interactions page)


So here goes...creating another challenge for myself. Though honestly, I think I will be able to handle it. You can follow along on my Goodreads account, otherwise I am sure there will be updates here. What about you? Anyone else creating a goal for reading in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment