Thursday, June 26, 2014

So a funny story...

Yesterday while I was at lunch I decided to take my notebook and jot down some thoughts that I've been having for the next 3-4 books in my Ryder Chronicles. No big deal, I do it often enough.
Well, yesterday the quality manager happened to be in the lunch room and he saw me furiously scribbling down notes instead of eating.
This is how the conversation went:
"Noveling?"
"Kinda, just jotting some ideas down for a story before I forget them."
"Seems like a lot of work. What's it for?"
"The next 3 to 4 books in my series. I'm finishing up the third in July and one of my beta readers has a new version of the first book."
"Wow, you seem pretty serious about it."
"Yeah, it's what I love. I just can't seem to find enough hours in the day to do everything I want."
*Somewhat blank stare*
"I mean, I want to read, write, crochet, watch TV/Movies, hang out with friends, and go to the gym." * I gestured around us* "And of course work."
He laughed. "Sounds like you need to find a wealthy husband who will bring home the money."
I laughed, "If you know someone, let me know."
We laughed some more and then he had to get back to work.

And it got me thinking.
At first I laughed off the remark about needing a husband who makes money, then I realized that it wouldn't be so bad, but my final thoughts were and still are:

I like being independent. I like being able to take care of myself and my living expenses. Yes, I do wish that I could fast forward a few years and be happily married or dating someone who loves me and wants to have a future with me. Yes, I would love to be a stay at home mom raising kids and taking care of a house.

But right now, I finally feel like my life is where it's supposed to be. I am happy, for the most part healthy, and I am working on my novels which is something I am passionate about. And I know in my heart, that I will be published. Whether that means taking the traditional route, or self publishing.

So thinking back, I still laugh at the conversation. But I know that my life, right now, is how it's supposed to be. And I am content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment