Friday, July 4, 2014

July Camp

Hello everyone!
Today is July 4th, so for Americans it is a Holiday! Go Freedom! Fireworks, Hotdogs, Brats (midwest thing), Hamburgers and Salads galore!

At least that's what it means for most people. For me it means that it is Day 4 of Camp NaNoWriMo!
I participated in Camp back in April, and I decided to participate in the July session as well.
Though I must admit that this Camp I have not been as motivated as I have been in the past.

The seeming problem?
My mind keeps wanting to work on the next three to four books in the series instead of finishing this trilogy. I mean, at least I am working on the same series and not bouncing between projects, but still. It's very distracting.

I think the problem is that in my head this trilogy is completed. It just needs to actually be finished on paper for my readers. (And yes, my beta readers are somewhat impatiently waiting for the conclusion)

I know that I just need to buckle down and work on it, but everything is just SO suddenly distracting.
...I think I need to buckle down on my time  spent on the internet/netflix/youtube and work on getting  back into a writing schedule.

Thankfully this weekend there is a write in taking place with the region I am a part of. There will be plenty of other people there participating in Camp, and it will be 3 hours of dedicated writing time.

No excuses this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment