Monday, July 21, 2014

A Dreamer

So I know that this going up late for Motivational Monday...But oh well, it took me longer to find what I wanted to write about. So I was procrastinating, and on Pinterest....And I found:

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
~J.R.R. Tolkien.

I was once accused of being a "dreamer" and that I "needed to pull my head out of the clouds".
I took it to heart, and for awhile I let it change who I was and what I did. Then I realized something.

Dreamers are the ones who come up with brilliant ideas, like logic, math, philosophy, great literature and so on. They are the ones who sat, and with heads in the clouds, made our lives better.
It was the dreamers who thought about being independent from other countries, to build better lives for others.

Dreamers and Doers are not opposites, but rather two sides of the same coin. Dreamers need Doers, or to have a tad of Doer in themselves to accomplish what they dream about. The opposite is true for the Doers, they need a Dream or a Dreamer to believe in to work towards.
Our world needs both. Ying and Yang. (Though I don't think they are truly opposites)

A dream of writing books has led me to where I am now. Studying Creative Writing in college, and finishing the first draft of a trilogy as well as planning out many more books. The dream of seeing my books in print will hold me through the grueling process of countless rounds of editing, querying agents and publishers, and getting critiques (both positive and negative)  from readers. While the Doer in me will keep me striving towards that dream.

So I feel proud to count myself among the Dreamers, with a little bit of Doer in me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment