Monday, July 7, 2014

Motivation Monday...

Hello Everybody!
(And yes I did say that like Gru from Despicable Me 1 and 2)

So today is Monday, and as such I have decided for the next month, at least, I would post something about staying motivated to live your creative life!

The quote for the day comes from Joss Whedon:

I write to give myself strength.
I write to to be the characters I am not.
I write to explore all of the things I'm afraid of.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there.

Hang on...JOSS WHEDON said/wrote that?

Awesome!

Never the less, this is an important concept that both creative people and non creative types need to understand. Not always do we "write what we know". Case in point: I have never actually seen, spoken to, or ridden a dragon...yet! But through my writing I am able to imagine what it might be like.

To create something from nothing, to explore these different personalities and situations that I would otherwise never be in, that is why I write.
And that is something powerful that all creative-types should embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment