Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nightmares

Nightmares, almost everyone has had them at some point or another.
Some are more silly, like anxiety inducing dreams that include being naked or somehow dis-clothed in front of a group of people. Or perhaps darker, of some unknown figure stalking you in the night. Maybe even things that "go bump in the night."

My nightmare are different.

My nightmares usually start off like any other dream, but they morph over the length of the dream.
My nightmares are not about me being pursued, or me getting hurt; they're about the people that I love getting hurt and I am powerless to help them. The ones that really get me are when I can't stop something, or someone, from hurting someone I care deep down in my soul for. That sort of terror worms its way up and grips my heart with icy fingers.

I am not sure if that reveals a character trait of the negative or positive. I only know that it's the way that I am, and I really can't change how much I care about others, because I would then lose much of my personality.

And yes, I wrote this at 4:30 AM because I woke myself out of a nightmare from crying in real life.
Just a fantastic start to my Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment