Sunday, November 3, 2013

First Week Done! Go NaNoWriMo!!

Just finished my first week of NaNo, and I have to say that it's not going too bad.
I might still be in the "honeymoon" phase of this journey, but so far so good! My goal of 2500 words a day seems to be holding up, though my goal to write 5000 words on the days when I don't work isn't quite there, but hey that's okay, because I am making progress, and THAT is what NaNo is all about.

I have now attended a write-in hosted by one of my college friends, and the official kick off party. The write in was awesome, and I had a blast at both. But I felt that I didn't get as much writing done at the kick off party. It was to run from 130 to 4 and we ended up having only an hour for writing...I get that we should all identify ourselves because otherwise no one else would have a clue who we are on the forums...BUUTTT it should not take over an hour.

But now I know. I did get writing done while there, though I have found that I write better when I don't do word sprints or word wars, go figure. I did have a lot of fun writing and being social with several of my fellow writing friends. I am looking forward to attending a write in held at a public library one town north of where I am in a few weeks. But until then, it will just be me and my computer :)

Good Luck and Happy Writing fellow WriMo's!

Oh and my word count at the end of today is: 11,178

No comments:

Post a Comment