Monday, November 11, 2013

The Rest Will Follow

I am really getting sick and tired of people bashing Christian beliefs.
Yes, I know my history. I know what the upper rings of various Christian religious orders have done in the name of God. They have started wars, persecuted people, all in the name of their "Loving God".
But so has nearly every other religious order too, or large group of people who believe in the same things.

Christians are just as entitled as any other person on this planet to say what their beliefs are.
And yet, any time they do, they are attacked as either closed minded, bigoted or hateful. Often a combination of them and other words that I will not repeat, nor tolerate on my blog or facebook or any other social media.

How is it that if someone makes a comment about their Christian beliefs that they are attacked? Yet someone, maybe an atheist, agnostic, a liberal, or even a stranger on a bus makes their stand on their views it is considered their right to free speech? Or that they are praised for being so brave in the face of adversity?

They are being just the same amount of brave as a Christian stating what they believe.
And yet, every time a Christian stands up for themselves they get shot down, why?

Why are people who pride themselves on "being open minded" or "more accepting than the Christian model" acting so bigoted against those that have a different opinion?

It is because someone disagrees with them, and they are usually uncomfortable with that.
Yes, I am a Christian. I grew up in the church, regularly read my Bible, and have done many different studies.
No, I am not perfect. Any Christian who says they are is a liar (which, by the way is kind of a sin).

To me a main component of Christianity is about holding yourself to a higher standard. To realize that people have faults and to rise above those faults and to help others. All of us, as human beings are flawed. Sorry ladies this includes all the supermodel men as well. We are all flawed, all of us have our vices that maybe we shouldn't do. One of mine is eating too much. I am aware of this and working on a solution for myself.

That does not mean that I have the right to go around judging others who too eat too much. Or judge those that drink alcohol to excess, or participate in drug use, or are attracted to people of their same gender.
In fact, I have no power or right to judge anyone, including myself. It just means that I can recognize what my flaws are, accept them and work towards becoming a better person.

You can love someone and hate their sin. There is a big difference between caring for others because it is "the cool thing to do" or because everyone else is doing it, and actually caring for others because that is what we were created for.
Humans were made to love. We need to help each other out, not break each other down simply because we disagree. Accept that people have different view points than you, and lead your life according to how YOU think it should be led. Do not blindly follow any herd. 

Lead by example. Lead with Love. The rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment