Sunday, November 17, 2013

I did it!

Success!!!
I hit the 50 K mark at a Saturday write in, so by November 16th, I had reached 50K.
I am kind of shocked that I hit it that fast, but I am relieved and pretty excited considering my goal is to write 70k or finish the story, whichever comes first.

I am about halfway in the plot of the story...so maybe this one is going to be much longer than the first unless my characters start cooperating again. They seem to have taken over and have included scenes that while they do add to the characterization of the people in the story, I had not planned for them...Damn stubborn characters!

This journey has been exhilarating, exciting, scary and nerve-wracking. I am eager to see where this journey and story takes me. And I am loving this world that I have created, these characters and places seem so alive to me, and someday I hope that they will feel that way to any one who reads the books!


On another note, I thought that I was doing a great job at over-achieving, and then I went to the NaNo forum for Over Achievers, and all of their counts are above 60/70 or even 100k ! Geeze...maybe I'm not such an OA at all!

Happy Writing!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It was nice to meet you on Saturday!

    Someone on the forums had expressed some interest in doing a write-in in the Mequon/Brown Deer area. I don't know what your hours at work are like, but are you free Black Friday in the afternoon? I was thinking 2-4 at Fiddleheads if there is some interest.

    ReplyDelete